Hi all…. Today we are going to see FreeRTOS Porting for LPC2148 Using Keil.
1. Keil IDE for ARM – Download Here
2. FreeRTOS exe File – Download Here
3. FreeRTOSConfig.h – Download Here
4. Startup.s – Download Here
FreeRTOS Porting for LPC2148 Using Keil
I assumed that you already installed Keil IDE for ARM and you know how to create a project in that. If you dont know please See Here. Now we will start.
Initial Steps(Installing Time)
NOTE : This two steps are required for First time (Installation time). Not required for each time project creating.
1. Extract the FreeRTOS exe to C:\Keil
2. Then paste the FreeRTOSConfig.h file in include folder of source in FreeRTOS
Again i’m reiterating these two steps only for Installation time. No need to copy every time.
Create the project(Each time):
1. Open keil4uvision and create new project. If you don’t know how to create project Please go through Here.
2. click Project and Options for Target ‘Target 1’.
3. Click C/C++
4. Click on Define and type the context below.
5. Then in Include paths, add paths as like below.
4. . ( add this path as dot in include path which indicates the current directory)
6. Then click Asm then paste below line in include paths.
7. Then add following files to the project from C:\Keil\FreeRTOS_V9.0.0rc2\FreeRTOS\Source
8. Then add following files to the project from C:\keil\FreeRTOS_V9.0.0rc2\FreeRTOS\Source\portable\RVDS\ARM7_LPC21xx
2. portASM.S (this file appears only when we select all files in file type).
9. Then add following file from C:\keil\FreeRTOS\FreeRTOS_V9.0.0rc2\FreeRtos\portable\memmang
10. Final step. Copy the whole content in downloaded startup.s file and paste it into the startup file which is attached in the project.
The thing is you should do this for every time you are creating new project. when you are doing lot of projects you will fed up with this. But what to do? We have to do this. Because we are Engineers 😆 If you have any doubt please comment below.