I have recently updated my machine’s OS from Windows 10 to Windows 11. Everything was working fine. Initially, I have not tested the USB to Serial converter (Prolific PL2303TA USB to Serial Converter). After some days, I was inserting the USB to serial converter into my machine, and it was not working. I have seen the below error (PL2303TA DO NOT SUPPORT WINDOWS 11 OR LATER, PLEASE CONTACT YOUR SUPPLIER) when I see the device manager.
If you are also facing this issue, then this article (Prolific PL2303TA USB to Serial Windows 11 Problem) will help you.
Prolific PL2303TA USB to Serial Windows 11 Problem
- First, uninstall the driver that you have installed now. Right-click the PL2303TA DO NOT SUPPORT WINDOWS 11 OR LATER, PLEASE CONTACT YOUR SUPPLIER and click Uninstall device.
- Then check the box “Attempt to remove the driver for this device” and click Uninstall. Please refer to the below image.
- Once you uninstall the driver, now download the file PL2303_Prolific_DriverInstaller_v1_12_0.zip and extract it.
- Right-click the PL2303_Prolific_DriverInstaller_v1.12.0.exe and Run as administrator. Please refer to the below image.
- After the installation, now you can see the COM port number in the device manager. Please refer to the below image.
Now you are good to go. You can use the USB-to-Serial converter for your project now.
Please refer to the below video explanation for a better understanding-
You can also read the below tutorials.
Embedded Software | Firmware | Linux Devic Deriver | RTOS
Hi, I’m SLR. I am a tech blogger and an Embedded Engineer. I am always eager to learn and explore tech-related concepts. And also, I wanted to share my knowledge with everyone in a more straightforward way with easy practical examples. I strongly believe that learning by doing is more powerful than just learning by reading. I love to do experiments. If you want to help or support me on my journey, consider sharing my articles, or Buy me a Coffee! Thank you for reading my blog! Happy learning!